Macomb County Maid Services – Dawn to Dusk Cleaning (586) 489-4663
If you are in need of Macomb County Maid Services, please contact Dawn to Dusk Cleaning at (586) 489-4663 or get a free quote online.
Holiday Cleaning: Tips for a Guest-Ready Home
How deep do you go when cleaning for holiday guests? There are some who take it to the extreme — but you can have a clean home without going overboard.
- Scrub your entryway. Wipe down your front door, give the doormat a good shake, and make sure dust and dirt haven’t collected on floors and furniture legs. These are the first things guests will see when they arrive, so keeping them clean will guarantee a good first impression.
- Focus on the kitchen. People tend to gather around the food during the holidays, so make sure your kitchen looks and smells nice. Don’t forget to dust the light fixtures and flush sink drains with boiling water.
- Whatever you do, don’t neglect the loo. Don’t just wipe surfaces; break out the stiff-bristled brush and scouring powder to really scrub things clean.
- Sniff out bad smells. If you clean your home and something still doesn’t smell quite right, brew some coffee. The aroma will cover it up.
- Give your garbage disposal some love, considering how much it will “consume” this season. To cut down on odors, chop up a whole lemon — rind and all — and let the disposal gobble it up. Throw in ice cubes to sharpen the blades.
- How about one soap for everything? If you’ve got a bottle of castile soap ($10 for a 16-oz. bottle), you’re ready for anything. It can be laundry detergent, mopping solution, and shampoo, just to name a few.
- Make sure you can see the guests coming. Keep windows clean and streak-free on the cheap with an easy mixture of vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Wipe down windows with a reusable microfiber cloth.
- With all your holiday cooking, stovetops and ovens are bound to get dirty.Baking soda and water make a simple scouring solution that can scrub off that baked-on gunk.
- To save money, make your own bathroom cleaning products. For example, to unclog a drain for pennies, pour half a cup of baking soda followed by half a cup of vinegar down the drain. Cover the drain for at least 30 minutes, then flush it with boiling water. source: houselogic.com and nytimes.com
For Macomb County Maid Services, please call Dawn to Dusk Cleaning at (586) 489-4663 for a free estimate.