Macomb County House Cleaning Company – Dawn to Dusk Cleaning (586) 489-4663
If you are searching for a top rated Macomb County House Cleaning Company, please contact Dawn to Dusk Cleaning at (586) 489-4663 or get a free quote online.
The 11 Safest Nontoxic Cleaners (Plus What to Avoid)
Cleaning labels are notorious skimpy on ingredient details, making it hard for consumers to know what’s actually inside of those colorful bottles. The reality is, about half of the most popular brands on the market cause lung damage, among and other ills. “You name the heath effect related to cleaners and I’ve seen it,” says Anne Steinemann, PhD, professor of environmental engineering at the University of Washington. “People have lost consciousness from certain cleaning ingredients, along with suffering migraines, asthma attacks, rashes, or even seizures.” And “green” doesn’t necessarily mean safe when it comes to cleaning products.
In its new Guide to Healthy Cleaning database, Environmental Working Group dishes out grades to more than 2,000 cleaning products based on ingredient information from company websites, labels, and published scientific studies. The breakdown asserts that DIY cleaning products made from simple ingredients like white vinegar, washing soda, and baking soda are safest, but also offers less toxic alternatives when it comes to cleaners you’ll find in the store. An important point? Many green cleaning companies received both positive and negative grades, depending on the product. That means it’s important to shop on a product-by-product basis and avoid assuming all of a green brand’s products are safe.
Products with “A” ratings in the EWG report include:
• Green Shield Organic Laundry Detergent, HE Elite Care, Free & Clear
• Seventh Generation Natural Laundry Detergent Powder, Free & Clear
• Ecover Non-Chlorine Bleach Powder
• Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soap 18-in-1 Hemp Pure-Castile Soap Baby Mild
• Martha Stewart Clean Laundry Detergent.
EWG says dishwashing products with safer ingredients include:
• The Honest Co. Honest Auto Dishwasher Gel, Free & Clear
• Seventh Generation Automatic Dishwasher Powder, Free & Clear
• Whole Foods Market Liquid Dish Soap, Unscented
While your safest bet for a homemade, all-purpose cleaner involves adding 1 part white vinegar to 1 part water in a spray bottle, manufactured products with an “A” rating from EWG include:
• Green Shield Organic Biodegradable Surface Wipes, Fresh Scent
• Aussan Natural All-Purpose Cleaner
• Whole Foods Market Glass Cleaner, Unscented.
Ones to Avoid Altogether
EWG suggests avoiding the following products altogether because they are unnecessary or don’t have safer alternatives:
• Air fresheners: Air fresheners contain secret fragrance mixtures that can trigger allergies and asthma. Open windows, use fans, put out a bowl of white vinegar or baking soda, or burn a beeswax candle in place of using air fresheners.
• Antibacterial products: These products can spur the development of drug-resistant superbugs. Antibacterial chemicals like triclosan have been blamed for causing thyroid and heart damage, as well.
• Fabric softener and dryer sheets: These products often contain lung irritants and can spark asthma or allergy problems. Add ¼ cup of white vinegar to your rinse cycle to reduce wrinkles and static cling.
• Caustic drain and oven cleaners: Harsh ingredients can burn eyes and skin. Instead, use a drain snake or plunger to remove clogs, and opt for a paste of baking soda and water to clean your oven. source: prevention.com
For a trusted Macomb County House Cleaning Company, please call Dawn to Dusk Cleaning at (586) 489-4663